Italian Citizens – Passport Services Now Available in Honolulu
The Honorary Consulate in Honolulu now has the ability to perform passport biometric services for Italian citizens who are applying for new or renewed passports. We can scan in passport photographs, take fingerprints, and authenticate the paperwork that is sent to the Consulate General of Italy in San Francisco for processing.
- Citizens must be registered in AIRE and FastIT
- Services are by appointment only
- Detailed information – click this link
U.S. Citizen Consular Services
For questions that American citizens may have about travel abroad, visa requirements, lost US passports, embassy registration, and other consular business, see the U.S. Consular Services website here.
Italian Translation Services
For translation to and from Italian, contact the University of Hawaii College of Language, Linguistics, and Literature here.
Learn more about securing a visa to travel to Italy here.
Information about Hawaii
We’ve gotten many inquiries from people who are worried about traveling to Hawaii because of spectacular photos of the active eruptions and lava flows from the Kilauea volcano on the southeast coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. The lava fissure that opened in May of 2018 is dramatic, but it affects only a very small portion of the Big Island.
If you are concerned about your vacation plans, please review the current travel alerts available here:
- Hawaii Tourism Authority: https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/
- Up-to-date information about Kilauea: https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/news/alerts/kilauea-volcano-update/
- Quick facts about Kilauea: https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/media/2152/kilauea-quick-facts1.pdf
- US Government Authority Volcano Hazards Updates: https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/volcanoes/kilauea/status.html